Saturday, October 1, 2016

Inspired by Lori Turner

Hello and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!



This week I have invited my dear friend, Lori Turner! Lori is the manager of the Merry Monday Challenge and a talented designer! We met many years ago online and she has always been such an upbeat and giving person! 




I asked Lori to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?

My blog name is Caffeinated Creativity. The link ishttp://caffeinatedcreativityblog.blogspot.ca/ It was originally called Inkingly Yours (for approximately 13 years), as I was only showcasing my card making, however, I decided that since I am also an avid crocheter, and my days are started off with my extremely DEEP love of coffee, that Caffeinated Creativity was a better name for my blog. 

2. What is your style of card making?

Hmmmm…I don't think I have one particular style. I really enjoy making CAS cards, but I also do like layers, bold designs, pretty designer paper, die cuts and pearls/gum drops! I also enjoy coloring with Copics and mostly whimsical or cute images.

3. Who inspires you as a designer?

Oh boy…this is a hard question for me to answer. I have many, many designers who inspire me when it comes to cards. To name a few: Lesley Croghan, Sheri Gilson, Jenny Peterson, Jessie Rone, Sarah Gough etc., etc., etc., I could go on and on - there are so many amazingly talented designers out there and I thank each and every one of them for all their inspiration! xoxoxoxo


4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?

I think the things that inspire me the most as a card maker are colors and sketches. Sometimes I peruse other designers work to get some ideas and new "brain storms" but I like to have a color combo and a sketch to start me out 

5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?

Something you may not know about me is that I can whistle like nobody's business! Not the cute little "whistle me a tune" type whistle, but the fingers in the mouth, "loud as heck and everyone pays attention" type of whistle! ;) I used it on the farm when the kids would be out playing far from the house and when they heard that whistle, they knew it was time to come in or I wanted their attention. Now I use it in their sports - sometimes it's not so appreciated, but I love to do it anyways! I am my own cheering section....

Here is Lori's card using this week's inspiration!


The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! These ladies just inspire me SO much!!! I hope you will play along with us this week! We would love to have you join us!


Kimberly Lackenbach-http://kimcreate.blogspot.ca/





Leigh Penner - www.leighpenner.blogspot.com  









We hope you will play along with us!


The linky will close on Friday, October 7th at 12:00pm. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me, Lesley! Amazing cards from the DT - I will be hopping around later leaving them some love! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had trouble linking to my blog...got an error message, so I tried to link to SCS. I am sorry that my card appears twice.

    ReplyDelete